Corvette Racing Team scores ANOTHER win at the 12 Hours of Sebring IMSA Race
Dateline: 3-20-16: The overall winner of the 2016 12 Hours of Sebring was Pipo Derani driving his Ligier JS P2 Honda. The Action Express Corvette Daytona Prototype driven by Dane Cameron took 2nd and Christian Fittipaldi took 3rd in his Action Express Corvette Daytona Prototype.
But for Corvette fans, Tommy Milner brought home the gold and took 1st in GTLM Class in his C7.R Corvette.
Here are some interesting stats that show the success of the Corvette Racing Team:
* This was the 10th class victory at Sebring for Corvette Racing
* The Corvette Racing Team claimed its fifth straight Triple Crown victory!
* This was the second straight victory at Sebring for Corvette Racing and the third in four years.
* Tommy Milner drove the final two hours and 50 minutes to win by 2.882 seconds. Oliver Gavin and Marcel Fässler also drove C7.R Corvette No. 4.
* The team has won the last five of the world’s top endurance races – Daytona and Sebring in 2015 and 2016, plus the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2015.
The No. 3 Corvette C7.R of Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Mike Rockenfeller also was a contender for a repeat victory at Sebring before the car suffered heavy damage when another GTLM competitor hit Magnussen at the entry to Turn One, which sent both cars hard into the outside tire barrier.
Magnussen, part of the GTLM-winning effort with Garcia a year ago, had just taken the lead in class with less than a little less than five hours remaining in the race.
The next race for the Corvette Racing Team is the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 18, 19, 2016. – Scott (More videos to come!)