We’re Waiting For the 2013 60th Anniversary Corvette
Will there be a 2013 60th Anniversary Corvette? The odds are, YES!
Be sure to CAST YOUR VOTE at the bottom of this post. Let us know what you think
Plus, there’s a slide show of past Anniversary Edition Corvettes!
Now that it’s “official” that the C7 Corvette will be a 2014 model, that means that the final C6 will be a 2013, which opens up the very real possibility of at least one definite special edition Corvette and possibly another. (What might that be? Stay tuned!)
Beginning with the ‘07 Ron Fellows Z06 Special, Chevrolet has been on a roll, offering six Special Edition Corvettes between 2007 and 2011. “Anniversary” Corvettes started in 1978 with the Silver Anniversary paint option to commemorate the Corvette’s 25th year. To date we have seen four unique anniversary specials:
1. 1978 Silver Anniversary paint option, for $399.
2. 1988 35th Anniversary package, for $4,795.
3. 1993 40th Anniversary package, for $1,455.
4. 2003 50th Anniversary package, for $5,000.
It’s highly unlikely that Chevrolet is going to let two coinciding Corvette milestones go without some kind of celebration. So what would a 60th Anniversary Corvette look like and how would it be equipped? Obviously, we won’t know until Chevrolet wants us to know. But in the mean time, I thought it would be fun to do some speculation.
So, here goes.
Exterior: Since the first ‘53 Corvettes were all white with red interiors, I chose white and red as my basic color pallet. And since this is a special Corvette, the paint should be “special” as well. So no Atric white for the beauty. The car will receive Crystal Pearl White paint. As illustrated, the package would be available on the Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR1. For added bragging rights, I’ve included the carbon fiber hood used on the ‘11 Carbon Edition cars. The front splitter, side rockers, and rear spoiler are painted Crystal Red. The red center hood strip runs over the roof, rear deck, and the back of the rear bumper cover. The stripe is accented with a black stripe on both sides of the red center stripe. There’s a black trim stripe along the top leading edge of the hood dome with a slight radius along the leading edge to create the illusion of the hood being sculpted, ala the C3 L88 hood. The chromed 20-spoke ZR1 wheels have painted white spokes and unique 60th Anniversary center caps. The headlight buckets are black and the front grille is painted red. “60th Anniversary” badges adorn the nose, rear bumper cover, and the sides of the front fenders.
Interior: The car’s cabin would be basically black, trimmed in white leather seats with special embroidery on the headrests, red door and dash accents, black carpets, and embossed mats with red 60th Anniversary logos.
Hardware: Since the Z06 and ZR1 are already loaded with performance hardware, there would not be any performance enhancements, aside from the Z06 getting the carbon fiber hood. However, the Grand Sport will receive the Dual Mode Performance Exhaust System. Customers would be able to chose which optional Equipment group they’d like.
Options: The list of options for Corvettes is nearly mind numbing. The 60th Anniversary package I have outlined should be considered a starting place. The Preferred Equipment Groups, 2LT and 3LT would be available, as well as Magnetic Selective Ride Control option, 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, Navigation with AM/FM CD, Battery Protection Package, and Museum Delivery.
Since all model Corvettes should be available as 60th Anniversary cars and the ZR1 wheel and tire combo only fit the Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR1, base Corvettes would receive chromed, five-spoke wheels with painted white spokes to preserve the overall look of the red and white special package.
Here’s the basic list of of items included in this proposed package:
* Crystal Pearl White Paint
* 60th Anniversary Stripe Package
* 60th Anniversary Emblems
* Carbon Fiber High-Rise Hood
* Crystal Red Painted Front Splitter, Side Rockers, and Z06 Rear Deck Spoiler
* Black Headlight Buckets
* Chrome ZR1 Wheels with Painted White Spokes
* 60th Anniversary Center Caps with 60th Anniversary Logo
* White leather seats with red stitching
* 60th Anniversary Logo Embroidery on Headrests
* White leather trim on dash and door panels
* 60th Anniversary Floor mats
* Dual Mode Performance Exhaust System (for base and Grand Sport models)
Cast Your Vote!!!
Will the real 60th Anniversary Corvette look like this? Probably not. But it sure is fun to day dream!
PS – here’s the slide show of past special anniversary Corvettes. These are some GREAT-LOOKING cars!
Comments are closed.
What are You Looking For?
Baldwin Motion Report Website
- Baldwin-Motion Corvettes (24)
- Barn Find Corvettes (2)
- C1 Corvettes (57)
- C2 Corvettes (60)
- C3 Corvettes (90)
- C4 Corvettes (50)
- C4 ZR-1 Corvettes (14)
- C5 Corvettes (35)
- C6 Corvettes (66)
- C6 ZR1 Corvettes (23)
- C7 Corvette Rumors (34)
- C7 Corvettes (33)
- Car Shows (13)
- Chevrolet History (9)
- Chevrolet Timeline Tales (8)
- Corvette Auctions (8)
- Corvette Barn & Body Shop Finds (1)
- Corvette Book Reviews (9)
- Corvette Chassis (7)
- Corvette Engines (22)
- Corvette Gifts (19)
- Corvette History (117)
- Corvette Indy 500 Pace Cars (11)
- Corvette Man Cave Videos (1)
- Corvette Models (3)
- Corvette News & Opinions (138)
- Corvette Oddball (23)
- Corvette People (40)
- Corvette Polls (2)
- Corvette Prototypes (8)
- Corvette Racers (39)
- Corvette Racing (26)
- Corvette Racing Videos (3)
- Corvette Radio Shows (4)
- Corvette Restoration (1)
- Corvette Shows (12)
- Corvette Special Editions (8)
- Corvette Timeline Tales (22)
- Corvette Toys (3)
- Corvette Under the Hood (11)
- Corvette Wheels (3)
- Corvettes on eBay (1)
- Grand Sport Corvette (12)
- Magazine Biz (2)
- Mako Shark / Maco Shark Corvettes (12)
- Special Edition Corvettes (20)
- Tuner Corvettes (6)
- Vette Polls (5)
- Vette Shows (9)
- Vette Videos (35)
- Videos – C1 Corvettes (9)
- Videos – C2 Corvettes (10)
- Videos – C3 Corvettes (10)
- Videos – C4 Corvettes (6)
- Videos – C5 Corvettes (4)
- Videos – C6 Corvettes (16)
- Videos – C7 Corvettes (4)
- Videos – Racing Corvettes (11)
- Corvette Man Cave Shopping Made Easy Online (Video)
- Motor Trend’s Head 2 Head: 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427 vs 1968 Porsche 911L!
- Roger Judski Buys One of Two Official 1969 ZL-1 Corvettes
- Chevrolet Debuts the New 1987 Corvette on October, 9, 1986
- Sting Ray III Co-Stars in 1993 Film Demolition Man, Staring Sly Stallone & Wesley Snipes
- Route 66 TV Show Debuts October 7, 1960